Monday, February 20, 2012

As promised, a sunny report... card

So I said that as soon as there was something positive to report, I would. And this report comes in the form of a report card - Kilian's mid-term. The kids here only get two report cards a year, one at the halfway point, which is meant to serve as an indicator of a student's progress (or lack thereof) and the final report card, the one that goes on your permanent record, at the end of the year.

Because Kilian is in the second grade, he won't get grades assigned a numeric value until the end of the year. But his report card was very, very positive. He's really working hard, and putting forth his best effort in school, and it shows, too.

I've done a quick translation of the report card. I considered uploading it, but I want to protect Kilian, just because you never know. If you would like to see my translation, please send me an e-mail at
kolbmara@yahoo.de
and I will send a pdf to you.

We're so proud of Kili! On Saturday, he got to choose a new book as a reward - he chose "The Little Ghost" by Ottfried Preußler.

Love, Mara

4 comments:

  1. I read the report card, thank you for sharing it. Kilian is such an amazing kid and it was so great to read about his progress in school!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Amanda, I'm glad you saw it. I actually removed the pdf from Google Docs because I got nervous about having the information online, however well hidden.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mom and I read the report card. Mom said it was so good and so KILI like it made her cry. We are very proud of him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww... Thanks, Mom and Dad. I've passed your message along to Kili - minus the crying part. He just wouldn't get that.

    ReplyDelete